MIT Institute will move to online teaching and learning for all students from Monday, the 30th March 2020.
Please see the following information explaining why and how we are shifting to online mode of teaching and learning.
Please also keep updated for the latest Coronavirus news by checking the URL below.
Following the advice given from the Department of Education, “English language colleges are not currently required to close”, our school will continue to operate to teach our students as per normal; it’s just online.
The Government believes that English education is an essential service, and we are open to teach our diligent students. As we teach, we will follow the regulations, policies and procedures provided by the Department of Health.
According to the Department of Health, under school circumstances, the social distancing compliance can be mitigated, but MIT Institute is fully committed to the safety and wellbeing of our students and the wider community, so we have decided to teach online. If students have difficulty with internet access, the students can still come to school to use school wifi only, taking online classes under the sensible measures and appropriate health controls applied by the school.
MIT Institute teachers are able to provide the same quality of creative, dynamic, interactive and fun English classes online and keep their students effectively engaged, just as if they were in a real classroom.
Once you have downloaded the app and logged in, you can navigate to the Zoom classroom with ease. See the video here for instructions on how to navigate to our Zoom Classrooms.
To download and install the Zoom Application:
1. Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”.
2. This application will automatically download when you start your first Zoom Meeting.
3. Once the download is complete, proceed with installing the Zoom application onto your computer.
1. Open the Zoom mobile app. If you have not downloaded the Zoom mobile app yet, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
2. Join a meeting using this method.
3. Enter the meeting ID number and your display name and password.
4. Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and tap Join Meeting.
1. Go to App Store on the device and search for the app “Zoom Cloud meetings”
2. Choose Download.
3. Then open the app Zoom Cloud meetings by pressing home button and then click the icon Zoom.
4. Join a meeting using this method.
5. Enter the meeting ID number and your display name and password.
6. Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and tap Join Meeting.
What will happen next?
1. All students will receive an email from their teacher with a link and/or meeting ID to join the class.
2. Click on the link or enter the meeting ID on the app Zoom Cloud meetings, and you are ready to go!
However, if students have difficulty with internet access, the students can still come to school to use school wifi only, taking online classes under the sensible measures and appropriate health controls applied by the school. Please be aware that school may limit the time or capacity for school entry due to the restrictions.
Phone: 02 9267 5777
Morning – 8:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Thursday
Evening – 4:30pm to 8:50pm Monday-Friday
To be ready for your online learning, you can see the latest updates on the free extra data allowance to customers provided by Australia’s mobile phone companies.
Please access the link below for your mobile company, as registration may be required to receive the extra data:
*If you use any other providers, please check their website for updates.
Alternatively, If students have difficulty taking classes online at home, the students can still come to school to use school wifi, to take online classes under the sensible measures and appropriate health controls applied by the school. Please be aware that school may limit the time or capacity for school entry due to the restrictions.
All placement tests will be online, too, and our Student Services will send you the test at the orientation.
Please be aware that orientation is very important, so please be prepared to attend the orientation, and just as regular class, if you feel unwell and cannot join the orientation, please contact our Student Services by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIT Institute is committed to the health and safety of our students. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult period.