CRICOS Course Code : 073467E
This course is for you if:
- you want to study at university or college in the near future
- you need an IELTS score for visa purposes
*For B1+ (Upper Intermediate) level students who need more than 6 in their IELTS test.
- you have good everyday English but want to be a more sophisticated user of English.
In this course, you will learn English and at the same time prepare for your future studies. This includes academic skills such as presentation and research, on top of the English language itself. You will be able to increase your listening and speaking competencies for academic studies. You will practise reading academic topics and completing academic tasks and assignments. The course will help you with your further studies.
At the same time, you will get a lot of the information you need in order to get the best IELTS score you can get. This includes techniques of working within the time limits, a variety of vocabulary you need for academic English (especially for writing), how to avoid silence in the speaking test, and how to tackle common traps in reading and listening.
- You need to have graduated from high school; and
- You have successfully finished General English at an upper-intermediate level; or
- You can show a level equivalent to 5.0 IELTS General Training, TOEIC 560 or other equivalent international tests; or
- You can show evidence that you have finished an upper-intermediate level course at another English college in Australia.
Levels & Courses
Why study this course at MIT?
- Proven results- scores of past students rose by average 1.0 in a short period.
- Spot-on practice- e.g. “How to avoid the same words in writing.”
- Interactive- e.g. listening and speaking activity with latest current affairs TV programs.
- Small size- so you get individual attention.
- Quality- all students must meet the entry criteria.
- Teacher- an expert and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in the field.
|8:30-10:00||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||Day Off|
|10:10-11:40||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session|
|12:20-13:20||3rd Session||3rd Session||3rd Session||3rd Session|
|17:40-19:10||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session|
|19:20-20:50||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session|