CRICOS Course Code : 060123C
Don’ t be scared by the name “IELTS”, as this course is the perfect transition for introducing Academic or Professional English.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to higher level English Language courses which are becoming more and more popular and necessary every year, such as: Cambridge FCE, IELTS, EAP and Advanced level general English courses.
- You need to have graduated from high school; and
- You have successfully finished General English at an intermediate level; or
- You can show a level equivalent to 4.5 IELTS General Training, TOEIC 510 or other equivalent international tests; or
- You can show evidence that you have finished an intermediate level course at another English college in Australia.
Levels & Courses
Why study this course at MIT?
- The fundamentals of writing in English, used in both Universities / Academia and business. The differences between formal and informal English and how to transition between the two depending upon the needs of the writer and the audience.
- More vocabulary focusing on the most important words and phrases commonly used in English tests, by highlighting the various language influences (e.g. French, Latin and Greek) on formal English.
- Phrasal Verbs and their use in spoken English.
- Exam Reading skills, such as skim reading and scan reading with a wider reading list compared with General English.
|8:30-10:00||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||Day Off|
|10:10-11:40||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session|
|12:20-13:20||3rd Session||3rd Session||3rd Session||3rd Session|
|17:40-19:10||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session||1st Session|
|19:20-20:50||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session||2nd Session|
*Intake: Every Monday (If Monday is public holiday, then the next school day should be the intake day)
*SFMs: Special Focus Modules See more
See our Academic Calendar